I’m looking for a full time Creative Writer to join our team.
We’re a small, dynamic, fast moving team of 9 with a passion for making inspiring, educational and entertaining content that helps people do more of what matters to them.
Our growth rate is similar to that of high-growth startups, with very little hierarchy to deal with when getting things done.
This is a unique opportunity to help produce high quality content that could be used across all our platforms and internally.
1st Year Salary = £33k GBP annual pro-rata
Who I'm Looking For
I’m looking for an experienced creative / ghost writer. Someone with a real passion for writing high quality content designed to inspire, educate, motivate, and entertain. The ideal candidate would be experienced in adapting their style and tone to match the brand perfectly as well as researching topics, capturing ideas from conversations and documenting spoken content in an easy to follow, written format.
- You’ll be UK based and willing to travel to Cambridge on a regular basis. This isn’t a deal breaker, so if you’re the right person for the job, we’ll figure out a way to make it work.
- You’ll be looking for a long term working relationship. I’m looking for someone who wants to play the long-game.
- You’ve seen, read and heard enough of my content to understand the strategy, tone and style and you’d be able to replicate that tone and style in all written work.
- You’ll be able to listen to conversations and recordings, recognise and capture key moments and details, and turn them into written, multipurpose content for use across channels and internally.
- You’ll be able to work to shared deadlines and have content ready to publish when it’s needed, always looking to stay ahead of the game.
What You'll Be Doing
- You’ll be my full time writing partner. Turning recordings (of meetings, voice notes, interviews etc) into written content for use either internally or across out platforms. Think of this as a ‘knowledge manager’ for me and the business. Turning all my thoughts and ramblings into content we can use.
- You’ll support in writing and developing the weekly newsletter. Coming up with ideas from the content you’ve documented and fleshing them out into interesting emails.
- Spotting lightbulb moments from interactions and helping to turn them into workable ideas and content.
- Repurposing content that already exists or you create for use across multiple platforms such as tweeting about blogs or expanding tweets into potential video ideas.
- Converting 'as it happened’ recordings into written content that can form the basis of video scripts, blog posts, emails, tweets and more.
- Helping to write and develop our future courses
Perks of the Job
- Trajectory - You’ll be an early-stage team member in a multi-faceted online business with characteristics similar to high-growth startups. In just over 3 years for example, the YouTube channel has grown from zero to over 1.7 million subscribers, with reach and revenue significantly higher than many traditional businesses.
- Flexibility - You’ll have the flexibility to mostly work from home (or wherever works for you) at whatever hours suit you best.
- Impact - Your work will be seen by millions of people from around the world, and hopefully impact them in a positive way.
- Adventure - You’ll be able to join travel opportunities and other fun things that come with working in a choose-your-own-adventure business.
- Ownership - I’m looking for someone who can come up with fun, interesting and educational ideas, and you’ll have free reign to make them happen without having to wade through red tape and middle-management.
- You’ve preferably got a minimum of 5 years experience as a creative/ghost writer. Less experience will be considered if you can show you're the right person for the job.
- You must be able to speak and write in fluent English.
- You must be skilled at adapting your style and tone of writing to perfectly match the brand, topic and platform.
- You’re comfortable figuring out and working with software like Notion, Airtable, Helpscout and other tools we use. If you consider yourself a technophobe, this probably isn’t the role for you.
How to Apply
Please complete this Google Form. We'll be asking for:
- Your CV.
- A cover letter talking about why you’re the right person for the role, including information on how you fit each of the requirements. If you don’t meet some of the points, please explain why you’re the right person regardless.
- In your cover letter, it would be great if you could point us towards some examples of your work which show have you've adapted your writing style to different situations.
The Application Process
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the cover letter, CV and work examples.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a small writing task (20 - 30 minutes).
- The final candidates will be invited to an interview with me either in-person or via Zoom.