Who Am I
Hey there 😀 I’m Ali, a former doctor turned entrepreneur. Across my videos, podcast, and writing, we explore evidence-based strategies and tools that can help us be more productive, and build a life that we love.
Quick Facts About Me
- 👨🏼⚕️I studied medicine for 6 years at Cambridge University, graduating in 2018 before working in the UK’s National Health Service for 2 years.
- 🎬 I started my YouTube channel in 2017 making videos about medicine and studying. Now I make videos about discussing ideas, books, tech and how we can live healthier, happier lives.
- 💌 I write a weekly newsletter called Sunday Snippets. Every Sunday, I share my thoughts with over 180,000 subscribers. I usually share my thoughts on subjects I’ve been pondering, links to books I like, articles and podcasts I’ve enjoyed, and other rambly stuff. You can check out previous issues here.
- 🎙 My brother and I host a weekly podcast called Not Overthinking. In each episode, we talk about topics related to ‘happiness, creativity and the human condition’.
- 🎙 I host a second podcast, Deep Dive. On this podcast, we delve into the minds of entrepreneurs, creators and other inspiring people to uncover the philosophies, strategies and tools that help us live happier, healthier and more productive lives.
- ✍️ On this website, I write articles about productivity, entrepreneurship and generic life advice that I’ve found helpful over the years. As well as sharing my favourite apps and tech.
- 🎮 I learned to code aged 12, and worked as a freelance web designer/developer through my teenage years. This funded my World of Warcraft addiction (which I still suffer from to this day)
- 🤑 At university (2012-2018), I started a company called 6med that helps students apply to medical school. It helps thousands of students each year get into med school. I sold 6med a few years ago and have limited involvement these days, but it’s run by a great team who still give out tens of thousands of pounds in bursaries for students from low-income backgrounds
- 🎸 I enjoy playing the piano and guitar, and singing covers of mainstream pop + Disney songs. I sometimes post videos of this on Instagram. If that sounds remotely appealing to you, you can follow me here.
Get in Touch
- 🐦 Twitter – If you’ve got a short question or message (<280 characters), please tweet @AliAbdaal and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. I also occasionally reply to Instagram DMs but it’s much more cumbersome to do so (for now).
- 📨 Email – If it’s a longer thing, or you don’t want it to be a public tweet, please email me ([email protected]). These days, I’m not able to personally reply to every email I get, but I do see every one of them and reply to as many as I can.